From Gary Walsh, Golf Manager: It has been great to see all our Members back at Mill Green over the past month and we hope that you are enjoying being back out on the golf course.
Bunkers: As most of you will have seen by now, the bunker renovation programme is well under way and the feedback from both Members and guests on the bunkers and course condition has been great. It is clear the positioning of some of the new bunkers, particularly fairway bunkers, will provide new challenges to golfers while improving the aesthetics of the course.
Routing: We would like to remind all golfers that the change to the course routing is permanent, and all players should tee off across the road from the old 10th hole, which is now the 1st. The scorecards have been updated and the course signage will be updated in due course.
Pace of Play: With the surge in demand for golf following lockdown, courses around the country are extremely busy. While it is great to see so many players out on the course enjoying themselves, on busy days the pace of play can suffer. We want to ensure all golfers have the best possible experience when out on the course. Therefore, we ask all Members, guests and visitors to help our Starter and Marshals ensure a steady flow by following the guidelines below. We also ask that you are understanding with our Starter and Marshals – they are on the course to offer support and help ensure you all have an enjoyable round. If you are asked to speed up or call a group through, please do not take offence — we all fall out of position on the course from time to time.
10 steps to help improve pace of play:
- Arrive at the tee 10 minutes before your time to avoid any delays in starting.
- Golf should be fun; play from the tee box that you feel most comfortable playing from.
- Play ready golf.
- Do your best to keep up with the group in front of you.
- If you do fall behind, call the group behind through.
- Spend no longer than 3 minutes looking for your ball, in line with the rules of golf.
- If in doubt, play a provisional.
- If you can’t score on the hole, please pick up and prepare for the next hole.
- Leave your bag/trolley in an appropriate position so you can walk straight to the next tee.
- Mark your scorecard away from the green or on the next tee.
Member Referral Bonus: With the demand for golf at an all-time high, there could not be a better time to introduce your friends to membership at Mill Green. We offer membership options to suit all needs and if you refer a new Member, you will receive 10% of the value of their membership on your Club Card. The bonus can be spent on food, drink, or golf products at the club or on our newly launched online Pro Shop. Refer enough new Members and you could even purchase that new set of clubs you have been dreaming about, without feeling guilty!